In booking a holiday at Mabel’s Cottage, 14 High Street, Sydling St Nicholas, Dorset DT2 9PB, (the "Property") you agree to be bound by the following Conditions.
1.1 By signing the booking form, you confirm the details within it and agree with us, Martin and Annie Harman (the "Owners" or "we", or "us") that you accept these Conditions.
1.2 You agree that you are authorised to accept these Conditions on behalf of all those who will be accompanying or joining you on holiday at the Property (the "Holiday Party"). You are responsible for ensuring that the Holiday Party complies with these Conditions.
1.3 The Contract will be made when we issue the letter of confirmation (by email or post) on receipt of the booking form and payment in accordance with these Conditions.
- The Property is let as holiday accommodation and no Landlord and Tenant relationship within the meaning of the Rent Acts or at Common Law is created. You may occupy the Property for a holiday within the meaning of Section 9 of the Rent Act 1977.
- At the end of the rental period you and the Holiday Party will vacate the Property.
- The Property will be available from 3:30pm on the day of arrival and you will vacate the Property no later than 10:30am on the day of departure.
- The booking will be confirmed upon receipt by us of a rental deposit of 30% of the total rental payment due.
- We must receive the balance of the rental payment not less than 8 weeks prior to the start of the holiday.
- If you cancel a confirmed booking you remain liable for the full cost of the holiday. If we are able to re-let the Property we will refund the amount you have paid us, less an administration charge of £25 per week of rental, and any other expenses incurred in re-letting. Non-payment of the balance of the rental as required by paragraph 3.2 will be treated as a cancellation and we will treat the Property as available for re-letting.
Your Responsibilities at the Property
You agree to:
4.1 take good care of the Property;
4.2 leave all furniture, equipment and utensils clean and tidy and generally to leave the Property in the same state of cleanliness and general repair in which it was found;
4.3 make good or pay for any damage to the Property, fixtures, fittings, furniture, equipment and utensils;
4.4 allow us reasonable access to the Property;
4.5 not cause annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of nearby properties;
4.6 ensure that the number of people occupying the Property will not exceed the number stated on the booking form, without prior permission.
Non – Availability
5.1 If for any reason beyond our control the Property is not available or is unsuitable for letting on the date booked (because of interruption of utility services for example) we will refund all payments you have made but you will have no further claim against us.
- We will have no liability to you or any of the Holiday Party for any personal injury, illness, loss or damage to property howsoever caused, nor for the loss or theft of any property or money. The use of the Property and all amenities provided by us is entirely at your risk.
Breach of Contract
7.1 We may re-enter the Property and terminate this Contract if you breach these Conditions, without prejudice to our other rights and remedies.
Law of the contract
8.1 The law of this Contract is English.